SafeTSolutions © All rights reserved
Phone: 0409 443229
We come to you anywhere in QLD/N-NSW or at our site in Salisbury, Brisbane.
Nationally Recognised Training
Confined Spaces training and the law
The WHS Regulation 2011 applies in QLD, NSW, ACT, SA, Tas and the Northern Territory.
Victoria & Western Australia are still considering their position.
Work Health and Safety Regulation Section 75: Personal protective equipment in emergencies
(1) This section applies in relation to a worker who is to enter a confined space in order to carry out first aid or rescue procedures in an emergency.
(2) The person conducting the business or undertaking for which the worker is carrying out work must ensure that air supplied respiratory equipment is available for use by, and is provided to, the worker in an emergency in which—
(a) the atmosphere in the confined space does not have a safe oxygen level; or
(b) the atmosphere in the space has a harmful concentration of an airborne contaminant; or
(c) there is a serious risk of the atmosphere in the space becoming affected in the way mentioned in paragraph (a) or (b) while the worker is in the space.
Simplifying Nationally Recognised Training Options
1 One day full Nationally Recognised Operate Breathing Apparatus course based on Australian WHS regulation 2011/2012, AS/NZS 1715:2009 and competency MSAPMOHS216A Exit: Statement of Attainment Fee: $298 p.p. (No GST applicable) Typically once a month on a Tuesday
2. Nationally Recognised Operate Breathing Apparatus Refresher course based on Australian WHS regulation 2011/2012, AS/NZS 1715:2009 and competency MSAPMOHS216A Exit: Statement of Attainment. Register online using CODE: Refresh to get 15% discount
3. On site Training - One day Nationally Recognised Operate Breathing Apparatus course based on Australian WHS regulation 2011/2012, AS/NZS 1715:2009 and competency MSAPMOHS216A 10 Trainees max. per session. Exit: Statement of Attainment Fee: $1750 p/day. (No GST applicable) plus travel fees which may apply based on location
Please contact us on Ph: 0409 443229 to arrange onsite training or email
This unit covers competence associated with operation and maintenance of breathing apparatus in irrespirable atmosphere.
The course covers:
Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
Breathing apparatus is inspected for immediate use in accordance with the organisation's procedures
Faulty or damaged equipment is reported and recorded in accordance with the organisation's procedures
Operate breathing apparatus
Hazards are identified, monitored and controlled in accordance with the organisation's procedures
Communication is established and maintained with members and other appropriate personnel throughout the activity
Activities are undertaken as a member of a team, demonstrating effective application of breathing apparatus in accordance with the organisation's procedures
Entrapment procedures are implemented in accordance with the organisation's procedures
Personal safety is maintained at all times
Breathing apparatus set is closed down in accordance with organisational procedures
Breathing apparatus set is removed in accordance with the organisation's procedures
After use cleaning and maintenance of breathing apparatus is undertaken in accordance with the organisation's procedures
Equipment is made ready for operational use in accordance with organisational procedures.
Our aim is to prepare staff who successfully complete this training course to be competent in ensuring compliance with legal obligations as well as how to keep themselves and their employer safe from the trauma of an accident in a confined space.
The Registered Training Organisation regulator (ASQA) now require a number of additional things to be in place for all Vocational Education and Training:
1. All learners must supply RTO’s with a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number prior to the RTO issuing any certificate.
2. All learners must be tested and supported in regard their Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills prior to allowing any learner to start any training
3. Learners must complete an amount of training (Volume of Training) which will allow enough time for developing appropriate skills and knowledge prior to graduation.
As a guideline, a typical single competency as listed in this brochure will require a total of between 50 and 100hours of learning. This is all learning related to the competency being studied. Shorter duration courses are only allowed where evidence is available of relevant experience by learners.
A reduced duration course is available for all learners with
previous breathing apparatus training (e.g. Refresher course)
an existing Cert II or higher
with a general construction industry white card (or similar) and at least 1 years work experience
Please note:To be eligible for enrolling in any of these specials you must be able to furnish proof at class of one of the conditions listed under point 3 applying to you.
Online Book & Pay Specials - Discounted offers - Applies to Online Registrations ONLY
SafeTSolutions offer a number of discounted places on each course to assist individuals who find paying full price for training difficult. Offer open to all.
Offers explained. If illegible, you may use one of the codes listed below as it applies to you to reduce your course fee during the online registration process.
Go to the Online Registration & Pay Portal, select you preferred course and date, then use discount codes as explained on the registration portal during the registration process.
All registrations are subject to a booking fee where the fee structure for the event is a % at checkout = Typically less than $10.00. Total will be listed course fee less discount (where applicable) plus booking fee.
A condition of the special price promotion is that you must register online and pay immediately or use one of the other payment methods described below. Failure to arrange payment prior to the course date will result in the course fee reverting to the full list price.
You may pay online with credit card through PayPal, EFT or by contacting us on Phone: 0409 443229 prior to the course.
EFT Details : (Please use Surmane as a reference)
BSB: 034 182
Account no. : 168036
Account Name : SafeTSolutions Pty Ltd
A cancellation fee of $100 plus $20 processing fee will apply for all cancellations. A "No Show" will result in a forfeiture of the entire course fee. We are however able to transfer your registration to a future course (pending available places) without any penalties should you be unable to attend this course. If unable to attend please contact us as early as possible to arrange a transfer to another course.
Courses are typically facilitated at your site or at our Salisbury, Brisbane training facility.
If calendar doesn’t list scheduled courses for time period you are interested in, please ring 0409 443229 for course dates