SafeTSolutions © All rights reserved
Phone: 0409 443229
We come to you anywhere in QLD/N-NSW or at our site in Salisbury, Brisbane.
Nationally Recognised Training
Gas monitoring and the law
The WHS Regulation 2011 applies in QLD, NSW, ACT, SA, Tas and the Northern Territory.
Victoria and Western Australia are still considering their options.
Work Health and Safety Regulation Section 50: Monitoring airborne contaminant levels
(1) A person conducting a business or undertaking at a workplace must ensure that air monitoring is carried out to determine the airborne concentration of a substance or mixture at the workplace to which an exposure standard applies if—
(a) the person is not certain on reasonable grounds whether or not the airborne concentration of the substance or mixture at the workplace exceeds the relevant exposure standard; or
(b) monitoring is necessary to determine whether there is a risk to health.
Maximum penalty—60 penalty units.
(2) A person conducting a business or undertaking at a workplace must ensure that the results of air monitoring carried out under subsection (1) are—
(a) recorded, and kept for 30 years after the date the record is made; and
(b) readily accessible to persons at the workplace who may be exposed to the substance or mixture.
(a) for an individual—121/2 penalty units; or
(b) for a body corporate—60 penalty units.
Simplifying Training Options
1. One day Gas Test Atmospheres course(Nationally Recognised)
Course is based on competency MSAPMOHS 217A – Gas Test Atmospheres as it applies in confined spaces. Pre requisite: A current Confined space competency. Exit: Statement of Attainment MSAPMOHS217A Fee: $298 per person. (No GST applicable) Typically once a month on a Wednesday. .
2. Nationally Recognised Gas Test Atmosphere Refresher course based as above, competency MSAPMOHS217A Exit: Statement of Attainment. Register online using CODE: Refresh to get 15% discount
Who should complete this course?
Answer: Every confined space worker that may have to use a gas detector instrument. This module is also part of the intermediate 2 day confined space course.
Notes: 1. We also facilitate these courses upon request, however, it can be completed as part of the confined space courses.
3. We also do on-site training. Exit: Statement of Attainment MSAPMOHS217A Fee: $1750 per group. (No GST applicable, 10 trainees max)
Please contact us on Ph: 0409 443229
This course covers:
· Atmospheric hazards
· Hazards associated with toxic gases, combustible gases and oxygen
· Criteria used to assess hazards and gas levels
· Use and care of gas detection equipment
Specific gas detection use looks at:
· Basic operation of equipment
· Activation (on/off)
· Zeroing and spanning
· Clearing Data ie PEAKS, STEL, TWA
· Recalling Data ie PEAKS, STEL, TWA
This course is a comprehensive package, not individual units covering only selectively some aspects of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011/2012.
Regrettably, preventable accidents in the workplace still claim lives.
Our aim is to prepare staff who successfully complete this training course to be competent in ensuring compliance with legal obligations as well as how to keep themselves and their employer safe from the trauma of an accident in a confined space.
Online Book & Pay Specials - Discounted offers - Applies to Online Registrations ONLY
SafeTSolutions offer a number of discounted places on each course to assist individuals who find paying full price for training difficult. Offer open to all.
Go to the Online Registration& Pay Portal, select you preferred course and date, then use discount codes as explained on the registration portal during the registration process.
All registrations are subject to a booking fee where the fee structure for the event is a % at checkout = Typically less than $10.00. Total will be listed course fee less discount (where applicable) plus booking fee.
A condition of the special price promotion is that you must register online and pay immediately or use one of the other payment methods described below. Failure to arrange payment prior to the course date will result in the course fee reverting to the full list price.
You may pay online with credit card through PayPal, EFT or by contacting us on Phone: 0409 443229 prior to the course.
EFT Details : (Please use Surmane as a reference)
BSB: 034 182
Account no. : 168036
Account Name : SafeTSolutions Pty Ltd
A cancellation fee of $100 plus $20 processing fee will apply for all cancellations. A "No Show" will result in a forfeiture of the entire course fee. We are however able to transfer your registration to a future course (pending available places) without any penalties should you be unable to attend this course. If unable to attend please contact us as early as possible to arrange a transfer to another course.
New Regulatory requirements 2015
The Registered Training Organisation regulator (ASQA) now require a number of additional things to be in place for all Vocational Education and Training:
1. All learners must supply RTO’s with a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number prior to the RTO issuing any certificate.
2. All learners must be assessed and supported in regard their Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills prior to allowing any learner to start any training
3. Learners must complete an amount of training (Volume of Training) which will allow enough time for developing appropriate skills and knowledge prior to graduation.
This is all learning related to the competency being studied. Shorter duration courses are only allowed where evidence is available of relevant experience by learners.
A reduced duration course is available for all learners with
previous work at heights training (e.g. Refresher course)
an existing Cert II or higher
with a general construction industry white card (or similar) and at least 1 years work experience
To be eligible for enrolling in any of these specials you must be able to furnish proof at class of one of the conditions listed under point 3 applying to you.
Courses are typically facilitated at your site or at our Salisbury, Brisbane training facility.
If calendar doesn’t list scheduled courses for time period you are interested in, please ring 0409 443229 for course dates