SafeTSolutions © All rights reserved
Phone: 0409 443229
We come to you anywhere in QLD/N-NSW or at our site in Salisbury, Brisbane.
Nationally Recognised Training
1 Day courses are typically facilitated at your site or at our Salisbury, Brisbane training facility.
Confined Spaces training and the law
The WHS Regulation 2011 applies in QLD, NSW, ACT , SA, Tas and the Northern Territory.
Victoria and Western Australia are still considering their options.
Work Health and Safety Regulation Section 76: Training and instruction for all relevant workers must include: Hazards relating to confined space, The need for and appropriate use of control measures, Selection, fit, wearing, testing, storage and maintenance of PPE, Confined space permits, Emergency procedures
Who is a Relevant worker: A relevant worker is a worker who enters a confined space, carry out work in relation to confined space or emergency response but not required to enter the space, any person supervising a person as mentioned above.
This course covers entering and working in confined spaces. It includes planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces; entry and working in confined spaces, exiting confined spaces and cleaning up.
This unit is appropriate for those working in confined space (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections and also is appropriate for those performing sentry or stand-by person roles, at work sites. Course is designed to teach participants how to:
Selection of your specific course determines which of the above listed components are covered. This course is a comprehensive package and cover all legal obligations under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011/2012/2013
Regrettably, preventable accidents in confined spaces continue to claim lives.
Our aim is to prepare staff who successfully complete this training course to be competent in ensuring compliance with legal obligations as well as how to keep themselves and their employer safe from the trauma of an accident in a confined space.
7. Confined space Awareness training - Update your management team and other key staff who don’t need full confined space entry training but must understand your legislative obligations. Fee - $750 per session (4hrs)
Please contact 0409 443229
1.Basic confined space course. Learn how to prepare and enter to work in a confined space- Typically 1 day at $298p.p. Register directly to secure your place (Typically once per week) for competency RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in a confined space.
2. Confined Space Refresher course - Register for Confined Space only refresher. Normally $298p.p. (Typically once per week) Competency RIIWHS202D Enter and work in a confined space. Use CODE word: Refresh when registering online to get 15% discount.
3. Two day Intermediate confined space. Register for a Confined space (RIIWHS202D) competency and a Gas test Atmosphere competency (MSAPMOHS217A) at the same time. These two competencies together prepares you to use gas detectors, complete permits or act as standby - Register for this combination of Confined Space and Gas detection course $596 p.p. .(Typically every third Wednesday & Thursday of the month) Competencies RIIWHS202D & MSAPMOHS217A
4. Three day Advanced Confined space course. Register for a Confined space (RIIWHS202D) competency, a Gas test Atmosphere competency (MSAPMOHS217A) and the Operate Breathing Apparatus (MSAPMOHS216A) competency at the same time and additionally learn how to work in potentially irrespirable atmospheres or participate in emergency response procedures.$894 p.p. (Typically every third Tuesday to Thursday of the month) Competencies RIIWHS202D, MSAPMOHS217A & MSAPMOHS216A
5. Four day Full Confined space course. Register for a Confined space (RIIWHS202D) competency, a Gas test Atmosphere competency (MSAPMOHS217A), an Operate Breathing Apparatus (MSAPMOHS216A) competency and at the same time and additionally complete Work safely at heights (RIIWHS204D). Ideal for persons that may have to enter irrespirable atmospheres or participate in emergency response procedures particularly where the confined space has depth of heights related hazards. $1192 p.p. (Typically every third Tuesday to Friday of the month) Competencies RIIWHS202D, MSAPMOHS217A, MSAPMOHS216A & RIIWHS204D Work safely at Heights
6. On site training. We also do on-site training of all above options. We do however require a suitable site to assess the practical components of the courses and a classroom. Please contact us on Ph: 0409 443229 to discuss. Fees - $1750 per day (Maximum 10 trainees) plus travel and accommodation outside SE QLD.
Nationally Recognised Confined Space Training Options
New Regulatory requirements 2015
The Registered Training Organisation regulator (ASQA) now require a number of additional things to be in place for all Vocational Education and Training:
1. All learners must supply RTO’s with a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number prior to the RTO issuing any certificate.
2. All learners must be assessed and supported in regard their Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills prior to allowing any learner to start any training
3. Learners must complete an amount of training (Volume of Training) which will allow enough time for developing appropriate skills and knowledge prior to graduation.This is all learning related to the competency being studied. Short duration courses are only allowed where evidence is available of relevant experience by learners.
A reduced duration course is available for all learners with
previous confined space training (e.g. Refresher course)
an existing Cert II or higher
with a general construction industry white card (or similar) and at least 1 years work experience
To be eligible for enrolling in any of these specials you must be able to furnish proof at class of one of the conditions listed under point 3 applying to you.
Online Book & Pay Specials - Book & pay online to SAVE! - Applies to Online Registrations ONLY
SafeTSolutions offer a number of discounted places on each course for persons/companies prepared to do some admin work themselves by registering and paying directly. Offer open to all.
Note: We offer only a limited number of Special discounted seats every week. If no more Specials discounted seats are available you will not be
able to complete the discounted registration. Try another date.
If you wish to make use of the Online Specials prices, don't delay. Register now!
Go to the Online Book & Pay Registration & Pay Portal, select you preferred course and date, then use complete your registration by following the prompts
All registrations are subject to a booking fee where the fee structure for the event is a % at checkout = Typically less than $10.00. Total will be listed course fee less discount (where applicable) plus booking fee.
A condition of the special price promotion is that you must register online and pay immediately or use one of the other payment methods described below. Failure to arrange payment prior to the course date will result in the course fee reverting to the full list price.
You may pay online with credit card through PayPal, EFT or by contacting us on Phone: 0409 443229 prior to the course.
EFT Details : (Please use Surmane as a reference)
BSB: 034 182
Account no. : 168036
Account Name : SafeTSolutions Pty Ltd
A cancellation fee of $100 plus $20 processing fee will apply for all cancellations. A "No Show" will result in a forfeiture of the entire course fee. We are however able to transfer your registration to a future course (pending available places) without any penalties should you be unable to attend this course. If unable to attend please contact us as early as possible to arrange a transfer to another course.
If calendar doesn’t list scheduled courses for time period you are interested in, please ring 0409 443229 for course dates